What is Firmware?

Anything goes, general chat and new users can introduce themselves.
Sparkly08
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What is Firmware?

Post by Sparkly08 »

Hello all, this is my first post, and i think that is very important to understand what actually Firmware is. In next few post i will find, and post here a few good text and videos about it. This is the topic that i'm very interested in, so i hope we'll have some good time here. Cheers :)

"In electronic systems and computing, firmware is a specific class of computer software that provides the low-level control for the device's specific hardware."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmware

R.J.Jolo

Re: What is Firmware?

Post by R.J.Jolo »

Hello Sparkly08, im new in this Firmware things, so i hope i can learn a little bit more about Firmware on this forum.
Just, im kind of more interested in Android Frimware, so i will be grateful if you can help me about that. :D
Sparkly08

Post by Sparkly08 »

Yeah, sure. I'm little bit in a hurry right now, but first thing tomorrow i will find you some useful links. I'm always glad to help. :)
Sparkly08

Post by Sparkly08 »

R.J.Jolo wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:15 pm Hello Sparkly08, im new in this Firmware things, so i hope i can learn a little bit more about Firmware on this forum.
Just, im kind of more interested in Android Frimware, so i will be grateful if you can help me about that. :D
As i prommised, i found very interested video about android firmware. Hope you'll like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hVTzeLlvlg
R.J.Jolo

Post by R.J.Jolo »

Wow, thanks. I it's always great when you have someone with a similar interests. :D
Sparkly08

Post by Sparkly08 »

I agree. I just hope that we will find more people like us. :D
AndySed
Noob

Post by AndySed »

This is such an interesting topic. I've heard the term 'firmware' countless times without actually looking up what it means. I guess I understood it on an intuitive level, but it's certainly useful to know the definition of it.